As any engineer will tell you, 0.1uF ceramic capacitors are the magic fairy dust of electronics - sprinkle them over your circuit schematics for good luck! But seriously, a 0.1uF capacitor right next to the VCC pin of your chips will improve stability by filtering out power supply spikes and noise that can cause flaky behavior. Adafruit love these little guys, they have 0.1" spacing so fit into any perf or breadboard, compact and good quality. Adafruit use these exclusively in all Adafruit's kits, and are always handy for any project or prototype! So useful, Adafruit offer them in packs of 10.
Each capacitor is coded 104, 0.1uF value, -20%/+80% tolerance (so they're best used for power supplies, perhaps not great for precision filter design), 50V max voltage.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.