This microphone's very similar to Adafruit's PCB-mount Elecret Microphone but is significantly smaller and has pre-attached 65mm long wires. Adafruit don't have a specific datasheet for it but it can be biased with 2V and 2K impedence. You do need an electret microphone amplifier to boost the millivolt-signal up to line level. The FONA has this amplifier part built into it but something like an Arduino does not.
Adafruit tested it with the FONA and it works great for voice purposes, you may also be able to use it with Adafruit's other microphone amplifiers (like #1713 and #1063) and if you desolder the onboard microphones.
- Diameter: 4.4mm
- Wire Length: 67mm
- Weight: .17g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade