Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects.
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer and strip of header
For more information, check out Adafruit's detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial
- PCB Dimensions: 36mm x 80.6mm x 1mm / 1.4" x 3.2" x 0.04"
- Screen Dimensions: 24mm x 69mm / 0.9" x 2.7"
- Height (pcb+screen): 8.4mm / 0.33"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Character Displays with Particle
Crunching numbers is fine, but sometimes you really need to visualise what’s going on in the tiny brain of your Photon. There are numerous different ways to visualise data or text on a microcontroller from binary LEDs, to HDMI displays, however...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.