Solenoids are a great way to induce linear motion for pushing, pulling or controlling switches and levers.This smaller solenoid is designed to work directly with 5V which makes it a great match for embedded projects. It has a throw of about 4.5mm and 2 M2 mounting holes on the body.
The wire lead is about 2" long and is terminated with a 2-pin JST PH connector.
Note: The mounting holes on this solenoid are actually 1.6mm in diameter. This will allow you to tap for an M2 screw. Also, although the datasheet lists a throw of 6mm, the actual throw appears to be closer to 4.5mm.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Controlling a Solenoid with an Arduino
We covered a whole bunch of rotational motion when we looked at DC motors. It’s only fair to give linear motion the same treatment. Electric solenoids work on similar electromagnetic principles to those of DC motors, however, solenoids can u...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.