These surface-mount LEDs are an easy way to add a lot of colorful dots to your project. They're similar to the ones in Adafruit's digital RGB LED strip, same size and shape. They are half a centimeter on a side, which makes them small but not so small that they are impossible to hand solder. There are three LEDs inside, red green and blue and because they are so close together, they mix very nicely, without the need for a diffuser. The LED is also insanely bright, at a eyeball-blistering 3800mcd.
Comes in a strip of 10 pieces. If you order more than one strip, it will come as multiple strips of 10, not one long strip.
Please note this is a surface mount part! it is possible to solder thin wires to the pads but its designed for use on a SMT PCB. We do have an Eagle package for this LED in Adafruit's github library repository, called RGBLED5050 that you can use in your next PCB design. If you are not comfortable with hand soldering SMT parts, check out Adafruit's other RGB LEDs such as the thru-hole ones or in pixels/strips.
- Red Vf: 1.8 to 2.1V
- Green Vf: 3.0 to 3.2V
- Blue Vf: 3.0 to 3.2V
- Red color: 620-625 nm
- Green color: 520-525 nm
- Blue color: 465-470 nm
- Red brightness @ ~20mA: 600-800 mcd
- Blue brightness @ ~20mA: 800-1000 mcd
- Green brightness @ ~20mA: 1500-2000mcd
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.