This 200 pulse per rotation rotary encoder outputs gray code which you can interpret using a microcontroller and find out which direction the shaft is turning and by how much. This allows you to add feedback to motor control systems. Encoders of this kind are often used in balancing robots and dead reckoning navigation but it could also be used as a very precise input knob. The encoder comes with a set screw coupler which will attach to any 4mm shaft.
- Resolution: 200 Pulse/Rotation
- Input Voltage: 5 - 12VDC
- Maximum Rotating Speed: 5000rpm
- Allowable Radial Load: 5N
- Allowable Axial Load: 3N
- Cable Length: 50cm
- Shaft Diameter: 4mm
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.