The Pi NoIR Camera V2 module features an 8 megapixel Sony sensor with no infrared filter - perfect for capturing photos at night with infrared light.
Images captured at 3280x2464, 1080p video at 30fps, 720p at 60fps and 640x480 at 60/90fps.
The awesome thing about the Raspberry Pi Camera Modules is that you don't have to use any fancy algorithms or software to capture and process images. The Raspberry Pi Foundation created a Python library to handle all of that, and it even includes processing tools such as filters, rotation, and cropping.
Connect to your Pi NoIR via the included ribbon cable to the CSI (Camera Serial Interface) port next to the Raspberry Pi's HDMI port.
- Weight: 3g
- 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- 8 megapixel sensor
- Still image resolution: 3280x2464
- Video resolution: 1080p video at 30fps / 720p at 60fps / 640x480 at 60/90fps
- 1.4 µm X 1.4 µm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
- Optical size of 1/4"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- Say Cheese with Raspberry Pi Camera
Ever thought it would be cool if your Raspberry Pi could see the world like you do? You’re in luck, camera support is an integral part of the Raspberry Pi hardware, it comes with a built in CSI connector for connecting camera modules to. CSI ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
- Maintaining a Project with Git
Let's have a very quick look at Git and Github - Git is an enormous topic, so this won't be an exhaustive tutorial but by the end of it we'll have a working knowledge of basic git workflow. I'll be showing this tutorial on a Raspberry Pi, ...
- Pimoroni Blinkt: Setup and first script
Not quite sure how to get started with your Pimoroni Blinkt module? Let's set one up and have a play around! We'll guide you through the installation, open up some examples and try our hand at writing a simple program. You'll need: A Raspberry Pi...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.