Imagine terminal blocks that are cut out of one solid piece of brass, designed to distribute power. Well, that's what Adafruit have here! These machined bus bars are for when you want to distribute power through a project, we think they are ideal for robots and LED pixel grids where you have tons of current and a lot of loose wiring to control
Each bus has 7 holes bored out of a chunk of brass. There are screws that can cinch down any number of wires. Since its meant for power distribution, the wires should be 20 AWG or larger (thinner wires will slip out). You can use any larger wire, the holes are 6mm diameter! Adafruit don't have exact specifications for current carrying ability but Adafruit imagine they are good for at least 10A as its just a chunk of metal. Adafruit plan to use these for LED pixel matrix power distribution, which is a low voltage and fairly low amperage activity. If you want to use this for higher currents or voltages, please use common sense and plenty of testing until Adafruit can find a spec sheet!
A nice touch on these is the plastic covering which provides a little isolation from the outside world, and mounting flanges.
- Dimensions (including plastic flange): 83mm x 30mm x 11mm / 3.25" x 1.15" x 0.42"
- Dimensions (without flanges): 55mm x 19mm x 11mm / 2.25" x 0.75" x 0.42"
- Mounting hole diameter: 4.5mm
- Mounting hole distance: 73mm
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.