This ball caster kit includes a black ABS housing, a 1" diameter plastic ball, three dowel pin rollers, two spacers (1/16" and 1/8" thick), and three #2 screw sets. The total height of the ball caster, 1.1", can be increased to about 1.3" using the included spacers. The three included #2 screws can be used to mount the ball caster to your chassis (the distance between the screw holes is 0.69").
Note that Pololu's ball casters are designed for small robots; they are not intended to bear more than a few pounds. With more weight than this, friction between the ball and the housing will probably keep it from rolling well.
Comparison of Pololu ball casters
Pololu ball caster
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.