Is this not the cutest, little display for the Raspberry Pi? It features a 3.5" display with 480x320 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay so is slightly larger than Adafruit's popular original. The plate uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top!
This PiTFT 3.5" is designed to fit nicely onto the Pi 1 Model A or B but also works OK with the Raspberry Pi Zero, 3, 2 Model B or Pi Model A+ or B+ as long as you don't mind the PCB overhangs the USB ports by 5mm. If you'd like a version that is designed for the Pi Zero / 3 / 2 / A+ / B+ check out the PiTFT Plus 3.5"
Uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25 and #24. GPIO #18 can be used to PWM dim the backlight if you like. All other GPIO are unused. There's a 2x13 header on the bottom, you can connect a standard Pi GPIO cable to it to use any of the other pins ask you like.
Best of all, it comes fully assembled and ready to plug into your Pi! You can use this as a display for running the X interface, or pygame. You can also have an HDMI display seperately connected. There's four mounting ears that can be used to attach the display & Pi to a bezel, or snap them off with pliers (they're perforated) for a slick exactly-the-same-size-as-a-Pi look.
Adafruit have created a custom kernel package based of off Notro's awesome framebuffer work, so you can install it over your existing Raspbian (or derivative) images in just a few commands. Adafruit's tutorial shows you how to install the software, as well as calibrate the touchscreen, display images such as from your PiCam and more!
- Datasheets, schematic, and PCB files available in the product tutorial
- Display current draw is mostly based on the backlight, with full-on backlight the current draw is ~100mA
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.