When you need to switch a lot of power, N channel MOSFETs are best for the job. These FETs can switch over 60A and 30V and are TO-220 package so they fit nicely into any breadboard or perfboard. Heat sinking is easy with TO-220's, but because of the very low Rds(on) of down to 0.009 ohms (depending on the Vgs - check the datasheet) you can get away with no heatsinking for pretty high loads! The threshhold voltage is also very low, less than 2.5V so you can control it directly from a microcontroller running on 2.8V, 3.3V or 5V logic.
The TO-220 package can dissipate up to 2 Watts without a heat sink (at room temperature). Because it has an Rds of as low as 9 milliohms, that means that you can switch at least 15 Amperes without a heat sink - more if you use PWM. For more detailed calculation, we suggest this site which has always worked nicely!
- N channel power MOSFET
- TO-220 Package
- Vds = 30V max
- Max current = 62A
- Vgs = 2.35V max
- Rds_on = as low as 8.7 milliohm - depending on Vgs
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.