Listen up! This tiny 1" diameter speaker cone is the perfect addition to any small audio project where you need an 8 Ω impedance and will be using 0.5W or less of power. Adafruit particularly like this cone as it's very simple and its metal body is extremely lightweight. It's very similar to the speaker in the Drawdio kit.
Works great with Adafruit's Wave shield or class D amplifier board. Just be careful not to overdrive it if you're using the class D amp breakouts as it can put 1.7W into the speaker, blowing it out! Start with lower volume and increase carefully.
- Diameter: 28mm / 1.1"
- Circumference: 88mm / 3.5"
- Weight: 6g
- Resonance Frequency (FO): 680 ±20% Hz at 1V
- Rated Impedance: 8 ±20% Ω (at 1KHz)
- Frequency Range: ~600-10KHz
- Rated Input Power: 0.25W
- Max Input Power: 0.5W
- Temperature Range: -20ºC ~ 55ºC
As of April 20th, 2015 we are now selling this speaker with 8Ω and 0.5W
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Use Speakers and Amplifiers with Your Project
A popular question that we get all the time is ‘How do I choose a speaker or amplifier to go with my project?’. It’s a good question, and if you’re not familiar with the terminology, it can seem a bit daunting to know whether ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.