Magnet wire is super useful stuff, and when you need it there’s nothing else that will work. Whether you’re winding a transformer or choke, fashioning your own motors or just playing with electromagnetism in general, nothing beats this thin-gauge enameled wire. This kit comes with three common gauges of wire: 22, 26 and 30AWG. Everyone has his or her own method for removing the enamel insulation and make a connection to this stuff, but a little abrasion with some sandpaper or scraping with a hobby knife works well. If you have an open flame handy, you can burn the enamel off as well, just be careful!
- 40ft - 22AWG
- 75ft - 26AWG
- 200ft - 30AWG
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.