That new Raspberry Pi® Model B+ computer you just got has a row of 2x20 pin headers soldered on - those are the GPIO (general purpose input/output) pins and for those of Adafruit who like to hack electronics they are where the real fun is. By programming the Pi, you can twiddle those pins high or low, send and receive I2C and SPI data, and access the 3V and 5V power rails.
This cable is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Model B or Model A!
If you want to bridge those contacts out onto another PCB, you'll want this cable! It's 6" long and has 40 socket & wire sets. Pin #1 is marked with a white wire.
It's available in custom Adafruit Black and is an essential accessory for getting started with your brand new B+!
Note: The Raspberry Pi Model A+, Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 are also compatible with this product!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.