If you're looking for one of the best multimeters, Adafruit are proud to now offer Adafruit's personal favorite! The Extech EX330 "12 Function Mini MultiMeter + Non-Contact Voltage Detector. Autoranging DMM with NCV detector and Temperature function". This product is the winner of EEVBlog Multimeter Shootout (Extech press release) & Dave's site here and on top of that, its been Adafruit's daily-use multimeter for over 3 years. It's compact, has auto-off, tons of features and a temperature probe for checking thermal properties, soldering iron calibration and perhaps even a DIY reflow control
Compact auto-ranging multimeter features extra large 4000 count display and built-in non-contact AC voltage detector. Advanced function include Frequency (nice for checking UART baud rates, crystal oscillators), Duty Cycle, Capacitance and Temperature (is your power supply overheating?), Diode test and continuity beeper. Rubber holster protects meter. UL listed Cat III - 600V. Includes test leads, Type K temperature probe, two AA batteries and tilt stand. UL listed. Large display and a host of features.
- Autoranging DMM with 12 functions and 0.5% basic accuracy
- AC/DC Voltage measurement - 0.1mV to 600V
- AC/DC Current - 0.1uA to 10A
- Resistance - 0.1Ω to 40MΩ
- Capacitance - 0.001nF to 200μF
- Frequency & Duty Cycle - 0.001Hz to 40MHz / 0.1% to 99.9% duty
- Type K thermocouple temperature - -20 to 750°C
- Built-in non-contact AC voltage detector (NCV) with red LED indicator and audible beeper
- Large-digit 4,000 count LCD display
- Max Hold, Data Hold, Relative and Auto power off
- Complete with test leads, tilt stand, protective holster, Type K bead wire probe and 2 AAA batteries
Check out Adafruit's detailed getting-started-with-your-multimeter tutorial here!
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all Extech products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.