Comes with the acceptor itself, mounting hardware, and a cable for power/signal. The coin falls through, you choose how and where to store them.
To program the validator, go through the instruction sheet - you'll need about 20 of each coin to help program the acceptor. After programming, connect a 10K (1K to 100K is fine) pullup resistor from the white wire to your microcontroller's VCC line (for Arduino, this is a +5V). Insert different coins, and verify that the coin line pulses high for about 40 milliseconds the right number of times.
You can download the Electronic Piggy Bank project code from github.
- Power requirements: 12VDC (+- 20%)
- Quiescent current: ~25mA
- Peak current (for solenoid): 400mA
- Accepts coins from 15mm to 29mm in diameter, 1.2mm to 3.8mm thick
- Programmable for up to four different coins
- Does not work with coins that have 'holes' in the center! Also may not work with NZ $1 coins (one report)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.