We use barrel jacks a lot around here and sometimes we need to pop a switch into the mix. That usually means hacking up a perfectly good barrel jack extension cable, but the whole point of using the barrel jacks was so that we wouldn’t have to hack things apart… Well, we found a solution: The Barrel Jack Power Switch.
Okay, it’s nothing fancy but it is really useful. Plug your power supply into one end and the other into your project and, just like that, you’ve got a power switch! The on-off rocker switch has a good stiff ‘click’ to it, so it isn’t easy to accidentally switch. It’s also fairly small so it won’t add too much unnecessary bulk to your project.
- Switch Body: ≈ 61 x 27 x 23mm
- Cable: 85mm long (each side)
- Barrel Connector: 5.5x2.1mm
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.