Listen up! This high power 4" diameter speaker will amp up any audio project where you need loud sound! It is 4 ohm impedance, rated for 20W continuous power. (This thing is really loud) It also has four handy mounting tabs 3 inches apart, and a grill that fits on top. The grill is to protect the cones, and is not necessary for use.
This speaker has a nice wide range of 60Hz - 24kHz, which is pretty good for a speaker this large. Originally designed for use in car doors, but we think its good for any project where you need to fill a room. Adafruit played some David Bowie through two of these speakers using Adafruit's MAX9744 amplifier running from 12V power and it could easily fill 5,000 sq ft with sound. For best use, place into some sort of enclosed cabinet.
Speaker (w/o cage) Dimensions:
- Diameter: 102mm / 4.0"
- Height: 53mm / 2.1"
- Mounting Tab Length: 14mm / 0.6"
- Distance Between Tabs: 77mm / 3"
- Weight: 249.4g
- Diameter: 136mm / 5.4"
- Height: 20mm / 0.8"
- Weight: 48.6g
- Peak Power: 120W
- Rated Power: 20W
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 24kHz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Use Speakers and Amplifiers with Your Project
A popular question that we get all the time is ‘How do I choose a speaker or amplifier to go with my project?’. It’s a good question, and if you’re not familiar with the terminology, it can seem a bit daunting to know whether ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.