This product is a 3-in-1 cable. By itself, it can act as an extension cord for any 5.5/2.1mm DC power cable. The heavy 24 AWG wires can handle up to 5A.
You can also cut it half to make two barrel cables (one plug and one jack). This will allow you to connect a classic 'wall wart' to a breadboard or PCB without having to solder in a bulky power jack. Or you can use the plug half to connect some batteries to something with a 2.1mm jack.
The cable is long too at 5 feet / 1.5 meters.
Note: As of Wednesday, October 7th, 2015 Adafruit are selling a revised version of this cable with a 24 AWG
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.