OK, this item is pretty simple - it's a panel mount pushbutton. It's not that exciting, no LEDs, no bells & whistles. But Adafruit really like it anways, look at that lovely rounded shape, that elegant bevel. If you're going to go with a momentary pushbutton, let it be this one!
The button is a normally-open micro-switch. When pressed, the contacts short closed and Bob's your uncle!
16mm Panel Mount Momentary Pushbutton - Red (11:33)
- Max Dimensions: 18.06mm / 0.7" x 18mm / 0.7" x 29.4mm / 1.15"
- Shaft Dimensions: 14.89mm / 0.58" x 15.56mm / 0.6" x 18.7mm / 0.73"
- Button Height: 5mm / 0.2"
- Button Height Depressed: 3.5mm / 0.15"
- Weight: 4.6g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- All About Electrical Switches
On and Off. It’s the basis for all electronics, from the most sophisticated computer network to a simple circuit. Electronics is all about using one thing, to control another, input and output, on and off. Even the transistors inside modern com...
- Switches, Debouncing and the Arduino
When we boil it down, everyday interactions with electronics are usually limited to controlling stuff with switches. Whether it be turning on the lights, switching on your laptop or turning on the kettle, all examples of how a physical switch works...
- FM Radio with Arduino, LCD and Si4703
A couple of years ago, I found a modern jukebox (with iPod connectivity, AM/FM radio, CD player and LEDs) dumped in my street. The body was in decent condition but all of the electronics were ruined apart from the LEDs. I decided to take it and replace all of the electronics with my own and add a few cool features. One of the parts of the larger project was to make an FM radio with an LCD and pushbuttons to control the frequency...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.