Make a 1 Watt flashlight or a headlamp with this ultra-bright LED. The LED is very bright, with 90 Lumens in a 140 degree lambertian pattern. Compared to most LEDs, you would say this is 30,000 millicandela. Either way, its incredibly bright! The output is a 'cool' 6000K pure white, not a 'warm' incandescent-looking white.
The LED is mounted onto an aluminum PCB for heatsinking, and it also makes it easy to solder in. Simply connect to the big + and - pads on the PCB (there are two of each).
The best way to drive these LEDs is constant current, @ 350 mA, but you can get away with under-driving for compactness. At about 3V, the LED draws ~200 mA, so connect two Alkaline batteries up directly with no resistor for a basic bright lamp. You can also try driving it directly with a 3.3V power supply, that will probably work OK as well (although its not ideal) - that's what Adafruit did when Adafruit made a vintage LED bike light using a 1W white LED.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.