Have you ever seen a Weevil? It’s a pretty under-appreciated beetle, so we thought it deserved a kit. Okay, so we just kind of like the name and think it makes a cute board.
The WeevilEye is a through-hole soldering kit designed for the beginner. It has a low parts count so even young kids can easily complete it. Once it’s put together the red LED “eyes” light up brighter or darker according to how much light is getting to the photosensor.
This kit comes with all of the parts you need to build your own WeevilEye as well as an instructional kit card that will guide you through the assembly process. You will need a soldering iron and some solder, an inexpensive choice for the beginner is the 30W Soldering Iron listed below.
- 1 x WeevilEye PCB
- 2 x Red LEDs
- 1 x 47k Ohm Resistor
- 1 x Miniature Photocell
- 1 x 20mm Coin Cell Battery Holder
- 1 x 20mm Coin Cell Battery
- 1 x 2N3904 Transistor
- 2 x 220 Ohm Resistors
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.