The Ultimaker 3 is one of Adafruit's favorite 3D printers on the market. It's a well-built open-source compact machine with an excellent UX. Every inch of the Ultimaker 3 is designed to create the most effortless and reliable 3D printing experience ever! Click here for helpful tips!
The dual extruder features swappable “print cores” which allows you to use water-soluble material for creating intricate supports. They can also be used to print multiple materials and different colored filaments in the same part. Auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a clean, professional finish with every print. WiFi enabled desktop and mobile apps let you manage your prints remotely, making it easier to get projects started. This also allows for over-the-air firmware updates. You don’t have to get up to check on prints because you can monitor the process with the built-in webcam.
Ultimaker also created Cura, the open-source software that most other manufacturers use, so the printer harmonizes excellently with the software without any tinkering. And we love Ultimaker's active software dev. and their large online community.
Here are the details of the new Ultimaker 3 3D Printer: For more in-depth specifications, click here!
- Assembly type: Pre-assembled
- Layer resolution: 0.40 mm nozzle: 200 to 20 microns
- Build plate: 20 ˚C to 100 ˚C heated glass build plate
- Build plate leveling: Active leveling
- Print technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print head: Dual extrusion print head
- Print core replacement: Swappable print cores
- Build speed: 0.40 nozzle: up to 16 mm3/s
- Print head travel speed: 30 to 300 mm/s
- Feeder type: Dual geared feeder
- XYZ accuracy: 12.5, 12.5, 2.5 micron
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Nozzle temperature: 180 ˚C to 280 ˚C
- Nozzle heat up time: < 2 minutes
- Build plate heat up time: < 4 minutes
- Operating sound: 50 dBA
- System: Open filament system
- Filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Supported materials: Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PV
- Ultimaker filament: A spool of Ultimaker filament is 750g
- Software: Cura, Adafruit's free print preparation software
- Supported OS: Free on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
- Supported file types: STL, OBJ and 3MF
- File transfer: WiFi, LAN or USB
- Operating ambient temperature: 15 ˚C to 32 ˚C (59 °F to 89 °F)
- Nonoperating temperature: 0 ˚C to 32 ˚C (32 °F to 89 °F)
- Input: 100 - 240 V / 4A, 50-60 Hz / 221 W max.
- Output: 24 V DC, 9.2 A
- A USB stick, glue stick, grease, hex wrenches and USB and Ethernet cables
- Two swappable 0.4 AA print cores
- A swappable 0.4 BB print core
- A 350 g spool of Ultimaker PLA
- A 350 g spool of Ultimaker PVA
- A spool holder with an NFC cable
- A calibration card and XY calibration sheet
- Cura, Adafruit's award-winning print preparation software
- Powerful Ultimaker app
- Comprehensive 12-month warranty
- Lifetime expert support
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
Product Dimensions: 389.0mm x 380.0mm x 342.0mm / 15.3" x 15.0" x 13.5"
Product Weight: 10,602.7g / 374.0oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.