Want to poke at your projects? This resistive touch screen can be used with a stylus or fingertip and is easy to use with a microcontroller. You can put it over a paper overlay for a touch control panel or attach it to an LCD to DIY a touch-activated display.
- 2.2" x 2.75" (55mm x 70mm) overall dimensions, 1.5mm thick
- 3.2" diagonal active area, 80mm
- 600 ohms across X pins, 300 ohms across Y pins
- 4 wire resistive display, on a 0.5mm FPC connector
- Use any microcontroller with 2 digital pins and two analog input pins
- Adhesive backing, it fits onto Adafruit's ST7565 LCD (not as well on a KS0108 LCD, its a little too small)
Adafruit don't have a detailed tutorial yet but we do have great example Arduino library code that shows how to get readings, debounce, and read the pressure (so you can detect when its being touched and how hard) The code is not complex and is easily ported to other microcontrollers.
Documentation and Resources:
- Circuit Playground Express Workshop for Educators and Beginners
Welcome to the Circuit Playground Express Workshop! This workshop is geared toward educators and coding beginners, who want to get started programming with this easy to use platform. We will go over everything you need to know to get you started prog...
- 3D Printing for the Circuit Playground
You’ve made yourself a great project for your Circuit Playground Express, now all you need is a box to put it in. How do you keep your Circuit Playground safe in a housing while still being able to press the buttons and use the sensors? Design ...
- Introducing MakeCode: Adafruit Circuit Playground Express
One of the greatest features of the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express is its MakeCode compatibility. MakeCode is an exciting coding interface that makes coding accessible for those with little or no exposure to how coding works or how it should be ...
- CircuitPython vs MicroPython: Key Differences
Have you ever wanted to program your microcontrollers with Python instead of Arduino? MicroPython and CircuitPython bring the ease of Python to microcontrollers by adding hardware support! In MicroPython, Python is largely unchanged other than the ad...
- Natural Disaster Sensor Project with Circuit Playground Express
There is some wild weather approaching! We need a way to give ourselves an early warning when a disaster strikes! In this project, we will use the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express to make an all in one Disaster Detection Station that will detect e...
- Using the Accelerometer with CircuitPython: Adafruit Circuit Playground Express
At the heart of every Adafruit Circuit Playground Express lies a three-axis accelerometer. This allows us to write programs that take the orientation of the board into account. We can detect orientation and acceleration on any axis. With CircuitPytho...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.