Want to poke at your projects? This resistive touch screen can be used with a stylus or fingertip and is easy to use with a microcontroller. You can put it over a paper overlay for a touch control panel or attach it to an LCD to DIY a touch-activated display.
- 2.2" x 2.75" (55mm x 70mm) overall dimensions, 1.5mm thick
- 3.2" diagonal active area, 80mm
- 600 ohms across X pins, 300 ohms across Y pins
- 4 wire resistive display, on a 0.5mm FPC connector
- Use any microcontroller with 2 digital pins and two analog input pins
- Adhesive backing, it fits onto Adafruit's ST7565 LCD (not as well on a KS0108 LCD, its a little too small)
Adafruit don't have a detailed tutorial yet but we do have great example Arduino library code that shows how to get readings, debounce, and read the pressure (so you can detect when its being touched and how hard) The code is not complex and is easily ported to other microcontrollers.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade