This is a stainless steel, Type-K Thermocouple probe. A thermocouple works by taking two wires made of dissimilar metals, connecting them at the two ends, and making a temperature gradient between one end and the other (a ‘hot’ end and a ‘cold’ one). Once this is achieved, a voltage potential is formed and current flows. One junction is held in the environment where the temperature of interest exists, this is known as the hot junction. The other junction, referred to as the cold junction, can typically be found in ICs that specialize in reading the temperatures detected by the thermocouple probe.
This common Type-K Thermocouple is made out of chromel and alumel, while offering a temperature high of 400°C and a low of 0°C. The probe itself is only 200mm (7.8in) long with a diameter of 5mm (~0.2in) and is terminated with a standard thermocouple connector.
Note: This Type-K Thermocouple probe is not intended to be used for food.
- Standard Thermocouple Connector
- Temperature Range: 0-400°C
- Probe Dia: 5mm
- Probe Material & Length: stainless steel, 200mm
- Datasheet (Coming Soon)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.