A stepper motor to satisfy all your robotics needs! This 4-wire bipolar stepper has 1.8° per step for smooth motion and a nice holding torque. The motor was specified to have a max current of 350mA so that it could be driven easily with an Adafruit motor shield for Arduino (or other motor driver) and a wall adapter or lead-acid battery.
Some nice details include a ready-to-go cable and a machined drive shaft (so you can easily attach stuff). Adafruit drove it with an Adafruit motor shield for Arduino and it hummed along nicely at 50 RPM. To connect to Adafruit's shield, put the wires in this order: Red, Yellow, skip ground, Green, Brown (or Gray)
- Declaration of Conformity
- 200 steps per revolution, 1.8 degrees
- Coil #1: Red & Yellow wire pair. Coil #2 Green & Brown/Gray wire pair.
- Bipolar stepper, requires 2 full H-bridges!
- 4-wire, 8 inch leads
- 42mm/1.65" square body
- 31mm/1.22" square mounting holes, 3mm metric screws (M3)
- 5mm diameter drive shaft, 24mm long, with a machined flat
- 12V rated voltage (you can drive it at a lower voltage, but the torque will drop) at 350mA max current
- 28 oz*in, 20 N*cm, 2 Kg*cm holding torque per phase
- 35 ohms per winding
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Motor Drivers vs. Motor Controllers
If you’ve ever built a robot with wheels, or any motorised parts really, you’ll have come across the issue of needing to drive it from your microcontroller. Because a standard chip is only able to output a small amount of current, you&rsq...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade