A stepper motor to satisfy all your robotics needs! This 4-wire bipolar stepper has 1.8° per step for smooth motion and a nice holding torque. The motor was specified to have a max current of 350mA so that it could be driven easily with an Adafruit motor shield for Arduino (or other motor driver) and a wall adapter or lead-acid battery.
Some nice details include a ready-to-go cable and a machined drive shaft (so you can easily attach stuff). Adafruit drove it with an Adafruit motor shield for Arduino and it hummed along nicely at 50 RPM. To connect to Adafruit's shield, put the wires in this order: Red, Yellow, skip ground, Green, Brown (or Gray)
- Declaration of Conformity
- 200 steps per revolution, 1.8 degrees
- Coil #1: Red & Yellow wire pair. Coil #2 Green & Brown/Gray wire pair.
- Bipolar stepper, requires 2 full H-bridges!
- 4-wire, 8 inch leads
- 42mm/1.65" square body
- 31mm/1.22" square mounting holes, 3mm metric screws (M3)
- 5mm diameter drive shaft, 24mm long, with a machined flat
- 12V rated voltage (you can drive it at a lower voltage, but the torque will drop) at 350mA max current
- 28 oz*in, 20 N*cm, 2 Kg*cm holding torque per phase
- 35 ohms per winding
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- DC Motor Control with an Arduino
Electronics is fun, so far we have covered off on communicating between devices, making LEDs flash and LCD screen operation. However using electricity to control some form of movement in your project is a fun and interesting aspect to investigate. Th...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.