The SparkFun Weather Shield is an easy-to-use Arduino shield that grants you access to barometric pressure, relative humidity, luminosity and temperature. There are also connections on this shield to optional sensors such as wind speed, direction, rain gauge and GPS for location and super accurate timing.
The Weather Shield utilizes the Si7021 humidity/temperature sensor, the MPL3115A2 barometric pressure sensor and the ALS-PT19 light sensor. The shield relies on the Si7021 and MPL3115A2 Arduino libraries.
Each shield comes with two unpopulated RJ11 connector spaces (for optional hookup of rain and wind sensors) and a 6-pin GPS connector (for optional hookup of a GP635T GPS module). Finally, each Weather Shield can operate from 3.3V up to 16V and has built-in voltage regulators and signal translators.
Note: The Weather Shield comes as a stand-alone board. Headers, connectors and additional sensors will need to be purchased separately; check the Wish List below or the Recommended Products on this page.
Note: This shield was designed for the SparkFun RedBoard and Arduino Uno and will not work with other boards (like the Arduino Yun, for example) without modification.
- Humidity/Temperature Sensor — Si7021
- Barometric Pressure — MPL3115A2
- Light Sensor — ALS-PT19
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.