The SparkFun Multiplexer Breakout provides access to all pins and features of the 74HC4051, an 8-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer. The 74HC4051 allows you to turn four I/O pins into eight multifunctional, individually selectable signals, which can be used to do everything from driving eight LEDs to monitoring eight potentiometers.
The 74HC4051 can function as either a multiplexer or a demultiplexer, and it features eight channels of selectable inputs/outputs. The routing of common signal to independent I/O is set by digitally controlling three select lines, which can be set either high or low into one of eight binary combinations.
One half of the board breaks out the control signals (E, S0-S2) and common input/output (Z). The other side provides access to all eight independent I/O’s (Y0-Y7). Both sides include supply and ground connections (VCC, VEE, GND).
- Switches analog or digital signals
- 8 channels controlled by 3 select inputs
- Wide voltage supply range: 2 – 10V
- Bipolar supply support (e.g., ±5V)
- Optional enable input
- Breadboard compatible breakout
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.