We've got one of the best laser cutters available, right here in our Makerspace. While we can cut so many types of materials, this service is limited to 3mm Clear Acrylic as we always have plenty of it.
Here are the requirements for this service:
- Files must be supplied as SVG format (vector image).
- 3mm Clear Acrylic Only.
- Image format must be sRGB (not CMYK)
- Cut lines must be 0.01mm line stroke, red (#FF0000)
- Engrave areas must be black (#000000)
- The design must be less than 420x300mm.
- We only accept fonts that are standard on a Windows 10 machine
- All designs will be cut and etched as-is, we will not invert or change your design.
- This service is non-refundable. If your design contains errors or omissions then they will be committed to fabrication and are subject to the constraints of laser cutting.
How does this service work?
- Add this service by clicking the "Add to cart" button above, continue through to checkout for payment.
- Once your order is placed, we will send you an email requesting the SVG file.
- Please include the dimensions of your piece in the email when you send your file
- We will fabricate your design in 1-3 business days (typically 1 business day)
- Your order is shipped to you or made available for pickup (whichever you chose during checkout)
- Ensure you have changed your colour profile to sRGB.
- Cut lines = 0.01mm line width (stroke) and are red (#FF0000)
- Etched areas = black (#000000)
- Untouched areas are left white (no change / #FFFFFF)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Making Boxes in Fusion 360 for Laser Cutting
When making a box with a laser cutter, its entirely possible to make your design as a single flat drawing through careful planning and measurement – but who wants to do that!? This is a guide to making a box quickly and easily using Fusion 360....
- Using Slicer for Fusion360 for Laser Cutting
Laser cutting is a very fast production and manufacturing method that has one limitation. You can only cut flat surfaces! Well don’t let that stop you from creating 3D objects and sculptures with a laser cutter, Fusion360 has a great app for co...
- Convert an Image to a Vector Graphic for Laser Cutting
Interested in creating designs to be laser cut? In this tutorial, we will learn how to use Gimp and Inkscape to convert a graphic image to a vector image that you can cut on a laser cutter! In order for the job control software to turn your design i...
- Getting Started Guide for Laser Cutting
Welcome to the exciting world of laser cutting! For all those makers out there looking to start creating with a laser cutter, this tutorial will have the basic information you need to get started! We recently added a Laser Cutting Service to our site...
- Laser Cut High Rise Case for the Arduino Uno
If you put a shield on top of an Arduino Uno there aren’t very many options available to protect it all inside a case. You can always make one yourself though, so that’s exactly what we did! This “High Rise” case for the Ardui...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.