Rotary encoders are used similarly to potentiometers. They’re different from potentiometers in that an encoder has full rotation without limits. They output gray code so that you can tell how much and in which direction the encoder has been turned.
This encoder is especially cool because it has a red/green LED built in, as well as a push-button. Look below for the clear knob that goes with this potentiometer.
- Switch Travel: 0.5mm
- Shaft Diameter: 6.0mm
- Shaft Length: 18mm
- Vertical Through-Hole Mount
- Red/Green LED
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Use Rotary Encoders
Hello and welcome to our tutorial on using rotary encoders. Today we’re going to be taking a look at what is a rotary encoder, how does it work, why we would use it over other sensory inputs and creating code to use them. Rotary encoders are el...
- How to Setup ATOM (Code / Text Editor) on Onion Omega2
In this tutorial, we will learn how to code for the Onion Omega2 on our PC, and then wirelessly upload our code using the ATOM text editor. The ATOM text editor is a powerful and easy to use text editor developed by the team at Github. It is al...
- Getting started with your Onion Omega2/2+
In this tutorial we will learn how to set up the Onion Omega2/Omega2+ for the first time. You will require the following: Onion Omega2 or Omega2+ An Onion Omega2 Dock, such as: An Onion Omega2 dock, eg. Power Dock or Breadboard Do...
- Infinity Mirror Kit - Assembly and tutorials
The Infinity Mirror Kit is a desk-top display that creates a dazzling optical illusion - a tunnel of light that tears through space! Assembly Instructions Tutorials Tutorial 1 - Claiming your Photon and flashing code Tutorial 2 - ...
Tags: infinity mirror kit
- WS2812 Addressable LEDs: Arduino Quickstart Guide
This tutorial is aimed at getting some instant gratification from your WS2812 LEDs (trade name: NeoPixels). I'll briefly cover a bare-bones setup for Arduino. If you've never used an Arduino before, we've got you covered with our free, online Arduin...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.