The Accelerometer sensor is an add-on for your RedBot that provides bump and motion detection. The sensor works by measuring acceleration forces on the x, y, and z axis. By measuring the amount of acceleration (or lack there of) your robot can get a better understanding of its movements.
The sensor has two 2x3 headers (one male and one female) which connect directly to the RedBot Mainboard giving you the ability to stack another I2C sensor. Just use the included RedBot library to detect bumps and motion.
Check out the entire RedBot family of products!
Dimensions: 0.45 x 0.69 “ (11.53 x 17.72 mm)
- 5VDC Operating Voltage
- Triple Axis
- ±2g/±4g/±8g Selectable Full Scale
- 12 bits of resolution
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape) Detection
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.