The Qwiic Accelerometer makes it extremely easy to get playing with tilt, acceleration, and movement sensing. Plug a Qwiic Shield onto your platform of choice, plug the Qwiic Accelerometer onto the shield and start sensing!
The Qwiic Accelerometer - MMA8452Q is a smart low-power, three-axis, MEMS accelerometer with 12 bits of resolution. This accelerometer is packed with embedded functions with flexible user programmable options, configurable to two interrupt pins. Embedded interrupt functions allow for overall power savings relieving the host processor from continuously polling data.
The MMA8452Q has user selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g with high pass filtered data as well as non filtered data available real-time. The device can be configured to generate inertial wake-up interrupt signals from any combination of the configurable embedded functions allowing the MMA8452Q to monitor events and remain in a low power mode during periods of inactivity.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
- Dual Qwiic connectors for fast connection and optional daisy-chaining
- On-board I2C pull up resistors that can be disconnected if needed
- ±2g/±4g/±8g dynamically selectable
- Output Data Rates (ODR) from 1.56Hz to 800Hz
- 12-bit and 8-bit digital output
- Two programmable interrupt pins for six interrupt sources
- Current Consumption: 6 μA – 165 μA
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.