It’s Pycom's updated enterprise-grade IOT development platform. The tiny MicroPython enabled WiFi & Bluetooth IoT development platform. With a 1KM WiFi range, state of the art Espressif ESP32 chipset and dual processor, the WiPy is all about taking the Internet of Things to the next level.
No headers included, use these if you need them. Can also be surface mount onto other PCBs (edge soldering).
WiPy 3.0 is Pycom’s updated enterprise-grade IOT development platform. The tiny MicroPython enabled WiFi & Bluetooth IoT development platform. With a 1KM WiFi range, state of the art Espressif ESP32 chipset and dual processor, the WiPy 3.0 is all about taking the Internet of Things to the next level.
Pycom has written a powerful and intuitive Python API to take advantage of every feature of the hardware. The learning curve is minimal. Simply put, Pycom boards are all about Python and the internet, but with rocket fuel.
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled, the Linux of IoT for fast deployment
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor + WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and
- control most of the internal peripherls during deep-sleep mode while only
- consuming 25uA
- 2 x UART, 2 x sPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- 3.3V to 5.5V
- 3V3 output capable of sourcing up to 550mA
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- FCC – 2AJMTWIPY2R
- CE 0700
- RAM: 4MB
- External flash: 8MB
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
- Size: 42mm x 20mm x 2.5mm (excluding headers)
- Weight: 5g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Build Internet-Connected Electronics Projects
What do we mean when we talk about the "Internet of Things"? Mostly we're talking about tiny computers that have access to the internet and do some useful work. Unlike the computers we're used to holding in our hands, they don't have a touchscreen an...
- WS2812 / NeoPixel Addressable LEDs: Pycom Quickstart Guide
Sometimes all a good Pycom project needs is some colourful lights! This tutorial demonstrates how to control WS2812 LEDs with the Pycom Wipy and Lopy4. WS2812 or WS2812B LEDs (otherwise known as NeoPixels) are the most commonly used RGB LEDs on ...
- How to Debug MicroPython Code
When you are working on microcontrollers it can be very difficult to know what your code is doing, with MicroPython we can use REPL (Read Evaluate Print Loop) to see the debug output and run python commands in real time. This tutorial will be lo...
- MicroPython Primer for Makers - What is MicroPython?
This Tutorial is all about the MicroPython Programming Language. We will discuss what MicroPython is, why you will want to use it in your projects and we will share some resources to help you learn further! What is MicroPython? MicroPython is an ...
- Pycom Bluetooth
Bluetooth is a low-power radio technology used to link devices wirelessly. Most commonly recognised as the way to link a mobile phone to a car or speaker, it has many uses beyond that. The "low power" aspect is not a shortcoming, as a large proportio...
- Pycom Pytrack Getting Started
In this getting started guide we’ll use the Pytrack from Pycom to detect our location on Earth using the onboard GPS module and use the accelerometer to control a 3D model on the PC. I put a WiPy onto my Pytrack, connected it to the PC and...
- IoT Soundscape
I had been captivated by the sound levels of trains I could hear passing by Metford throughout the day/night. I wondered if a sound level sensor reporting data back over LoRa would help me understand when a train was noisy. I also like the idea of seeing or visualising a problem, in this case, an ambient sound level. As you deconstruct a problem it consists of information & that information consists of data. As such, if I cou...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.