This ball caster kit includes a black ABS housing, a 3/4" diameter metal ball, two spacers (1/16" and 1/8" thick), and two #2 screw sets. The total height of the ball caster, 0.83", can be increased to about 1" using the included spacers. The two included #2 screws can be used to mount the ball caster to your chassis (the distance between the screw holes is 0.61").
Note that Pololu's ball casters are designed for small robots; they are not intended to bear more than a few pounds. With more weight than this, friction between the ball and the housing will probably keep it from rolling well.
Comparison of Pololu ball casters
Pololu ball caster
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.