Micro:bit by BBC has become the heart of countless creative projects around the world and a trusted educational learning system. This tiny programmable platform teaches through invention. Learn to code, design animated LED games, interface with sensors, all on the one board. Educators / parents / workshop coordinators have full access to the BBC micro:bit website where fresh lesson plans are shared along with tutorials and tips.
While for most people the easiest way to program micro:bit is via USB, it's worth noting that micro:bit have developed a mobile app for coding over Bluetooth (without a USB cable).
Techs and Specs
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 CPU
- 256KB Flash
- 16KB RAM
- 5x5 Red LED Array
- Two Programmable Buttons
- Onboard Light, Compass, Accelerometer and Temp Sensors
- BLE Smart Antenna
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Rings
- Two Power Rings — 3V and GND
- 20-pin Edge Connector
- MicroUSB Connector
- JST-PH Battery Connector (Not JST-XH)
- Reset Button with Status LED
Important: The micro:bit does not include any cables or power sources. This is just the board. We recommend picking up a micro USB cable as well to power your board.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.