These are small rare earth magnets - 3/16" rings. Composed of Neodymium/Iron/Boron (NdFeB), these magnets are curiously strong and make for a great way to attach tools to a metal workbench, hold small children to a fridge, and as a trigger for reed switches. This one small ring can easily hold a piece of paper to your fridge.
We found these small rings to be very useful for connecting PCBs together. These rings are conductive and can act as a magnetic connector between widgets. You need a way to secure the ring to the PCB (screws and rivets have been shown to work).
Sold in single units.
- Dimensions: 3/16" od x 1/16" id x 1/16" thick
- Tolerances: ±0.002" x ±0.002" x ±0.002"
- Material: NdFeB, Grade N42
- Plating/Coating: Ni-Cu-Ni (Nickel)
- Magnetization Direction: Axial (Poles on Flat Ends)
- Weight: 0.00665 oz. (0.189 g)
- Pull Force: 1.48 lbs!
- Surface Field: 2275 Gauss
- Brmax: 13,200 Gauss
- BHmax: 42 MGOe
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.