There are hundreds of hackerspaces around the world - teaching, sharing and becoming valuable parts of their local communities. As makers travel from place to place a popular thing to do is to visit a local hackerspace and get your very own hackerspace passport stamped! Adafruit is pleased to have these in stock now! Adafruit spent a long time testing different materials and embossing to make these Hackerspace passports something you'll have for a lifetime. These are High-quality and durable passports with beautiful silver embossing, they're very similar to passports, but for hackerspaces!
Here's how Mitch Altman (TV-B-Gone, Brain Machine) who came up with Hackerspace Passport, describes them!
I created Hackerspace Passports to:
These Hackerspace Passports look a lot like US Passports, but no fingerprints needed! And, rather than a requirement for passing borders, they are intended to encourage it! Hackerspace and hacker cons around the world have made their own stamps, so people can get their Hackerspace Passport stamped everywhere they go! I released the first 2600 of these at Chaos Communication Camp 2011, which seemed appropriate to me, since the previous Camp (in 2007) was the birthplace of the new wave of hackerspaces.
- help promote people visiting as many hackerspaces around the world as possible
- increase collaboration
- increase cross-pollination so they can all learn from one another
- encourage all hackerspaces to support each other
- (And it's fun.)
Size: 3.5" x 5"
We'll have a few tutorials soon on how to: Make your own stamp, workshops for RFID'ing your own hackerspace passports and more!
Here are some great photos of people using the Hackerspace passports!
The Hackerspace Passport is by Mitch Altman and Matthew Borgatti. Released released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.