The DFRobot heart rate sensor is a thumb-sized heart rate monitor designed for Arduino microcontrollers.
This sensor is a pulse sensor which is developed based on PPG (PhotoPlethysmoGraphy) techniques. This is a simple and low-cost optical technique that can be used to detect blood volume changing in the microvascular bed of tissues. It is relatively easy to detect the pulsatile component of the cardiac cycle according to this theory.
The sensor has two holes that you can use to attach to your belt. You can wrap on your finger, wrist, earlobe or other areas where it has contact with skin.
To ease the difficult of using this sensor, a Gravity Interface is adapted to allow plug&play. The IO sensor shield is the best match for this sound senor connecting to your Arduino or other microcontroller. As this sensor can work at 3.3V which make it compatible with Raspberry Pi, intel edison, joule and curie.
1. This product is NOT a professional medical device and should not be used to diagnose or treat medical conditions.
2. This sensor is designed to work when the user is not moving. If used while moving it will give inaccurate results.
- Input Voltage (Vin): 3.3 - 6V (5V recommended)
- Output Voltage: 0 - Vin (Analog), 0/ Vin (Digital)
- Operating current: <10mA
- Dimension: 28 x 24(mm), 1.102" x 0.945"(in)
- Interface Type: PH2.0-3P
- Heart Rate Monitor Sensor For Arduino x1
- Wrist belt x1
- PH2.0-3P cable x1
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.