The Dice Kit is a beginner’s soldering kit that comes with everything you need to make your own electronic die. When you tap it on the table, it displays a number from 1 to 6 by lighting up the appropriate number of LEDs in the same layout as found on traditional non-electric dice.
The kit uses a piezo element for detecting the tap on the table and uses a pre-programmed microcontroller. It also includes a laser cut acrylic base and battery. There’s no programming required and a beginner can get the kit together in about an hour or so. You will need a soldering iron and basic tools. Also, a dab of glue or double-sided tape is recommended as well.
- Auto power saving sleep mode after ~15 seconds of inactivity.
- Laser cut ¼" acrylic base
- Includes CR2032 battery
- Stand alone kit
- No computer needed
- No Arduino needed
- Easy to build
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.