Display, elegantly, 012345678 or 9! Gaze, hypnotized, at ABCDEFGHIJKLM - well it can display the whole alphabet. You get the point. This is a nice, bright 14-segment alphanumeric display that can show letters and numbers in a beautiful red hue. It's super bright and designed for viewing from distances up to 23 feet (7 meters) away. Digits have seven white segments on a black surface and Adafruit give you a set of two alphanumeric displays in a pack so you can make a clock or a four letter word.
There are nine pins per side on these, so 18 pins total, with 0.1" spacing so you can easily plug it into a breadboard with one row on each side for wiring it up. Note that these may not color-match Adafruit's Adafruit's other red 7-segment displays due to process-differences.
You can buy these as a set of two or in a pack with Adafruit's Adafruit 14-segment LED Alphanumeric Backpack which will help you change each letter or number individually and easily.
This product is just the two red alphanumeric displays! Click here for the backpack mini-kit version!
This is a Common Cathode LED display
- Dimensions: 21mm x 25mm x 7mm / 0.8" x 1" x 0.3"
- Height w/ Pins: 14mm / 0.6"
- Weight: 4.7g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.