This tiny DC Motor in Micro Servo Body is an interesting motor - it's the same size and shape as Adafruit's micro servo but it isn't a servo. It's more like a DC motor + plastic gear-train in a box. It's not a super powerful motor, it would do well as a little robot wheel. It's also a lot less expensive than a micro servo (continuous or non-continuous) because there is no control board inside. Controlling speed is done by PWM'ing the power leads, controlling direction is done by swapping the power polarity - just like any brushed DC motor.
Runs from 4-6VDC, Adafruit have powered it with a Lipoly and 3 alkaline, or 4 NiMH batteries with success. You cannot control this directly from a microcontroller pin! You must have a H-bridge such as a L293D, TB6612 or a Motor shield, Motor HAT or DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing.
Motor comes with 2x screws and 2x nuts for mounting to a chassis. No flanges or horns included - it's intended to mate with Adafruit's little wheels, there's a screw to attach once they're plugged together. Build a robot vehicle of your own with these little motors driving it!
- Dimensions: 32.3mm x 12.3mm x 29.9mm / 1.3" x 0.49" x 1.2"
- Spline Count: 21
- Weight: 8.4g
- No load speed: 110RPM (4.8v) / 130RPM (6v)
- Running Current (at no load): 100mA (4.8v) / 120mA (6v)
- Peak Stall Torque (4.8v): 1.3 kg/cm / 18.09 oz/in
- Peak Stall Torque (6v): 1.5 kg/cm / 20.86 oz/in
- Stall Current: 550mA (4.8v) / 650mA (6v)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.