Kiss those days of heat-shrink, melted jacketing and clumsily-arranged third-hand tools goodbye! Go 'cold splice' with these snap-able plastic splices for fast connections. Use with any 22-26 AWG solid core wire and slip them into the plastic splice so that they slide into the metal teeth. Then squeeze down with parallel-jaw or slip joint pliers - don't use needle-noses, they have too much angle and not enough force. They also like using Adafruit's panavise to squeeze them down.
This is a wire-tap splice. You can slide one half over an existing 22-26 AWG solid-core wire and then 'tap' into it with another wire. It's an easy way to tap into an existing wire without doing weird cut-solder surgery.
The splices contain a little silicone jelly to keep the cold splice from oxidizing so they are a bit weatherproof. They are not waterproof.
Comes in a pack of 10 pieces! They're handy so keep some around in your drawer.
Cold Splice Wire Tap (UB) - 10 pack (1:13)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.