Introducing Bee-Bot, the programmable floor robot. Bee-Bot will bring logic-driven decision making, the very nature of programming, to your student. They can program the BeeBot via the app (all platforms supported) or using the in-built controls to create their own movement based programs and scripts.
- This set comes with a charging dock station
- Interactive Coding - Using the buttons on the Bee-bots shell, you can enter a sequence of directions and have the Bee-bot perform your 'program'. Great for critical thinking development.
- 40 step programs - With the buttons on the top of the Bee-Bot you can program sequences up to 40 movements long, which educators tell us is plenty for most tasks.
- Straightforward Movements - The Bee-Bot will move in blocks of 15cm movements accurately and turn 90 degrees at a time.
- Rechargeable, Reusable - The Bee-Bot comes with a USB cable for recharging, but is completely compatible with Bee-Bot docking stations.
- Teaching Materials and Resources - Bee-bot is compatible with all the mats and accessories (and Learning Resources) from Bee-Bot programmable robots.
Using Bee-Bots in the Classroom
Once you're familiar with the Bee-Bot controls, you can set forth on planning some lessons around it! Some great ideas we've seen are:
- Using the project mats and obstacles, work in teams to program Bee-Bot from one side of the mat to the other.
- Using a blank mat/floor space, have students program Bee-Bot to draw different shapes in groups
- Have a maze group and a Bee-bot group. The maze group designs a maze on paper that the challenge group has to program Bee-bot to navigate.
- Use Bee-Bot to create and traverse a number line and do basic addition subtraction
- Estimation techniques (how many BeeBot steps from A to B)
Here's a short video from the team behind Bee-Bot on how you can introduce it to the classroom:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Started with Circuit Scribe
What a glorious time we live in, where, as technology continues to evolve, so too does the ability to learn more about it and get hands on with concepts that would otherwise be out of reach, especially for young minds. Today, we’re going to tak...
- Circuit Scribe for Educators
Educators everywhere are lining up to have the most recent, high-tech teaching tools to introduce STEM learning in the classroom. With the rate that modern technology is advancing, educators can often feel overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.