If you've got a resistive touch screen that you'd like to use, you'll need this breakout! It has a medium pitch (1.0mm) connector soldered onto it, and it's broken out into the four resistive wires of the panel. If you need a breakout for 0.5mm-pitch touch panels, check out this product. If you want a breakout with a resistive-panel control driver chip on it, Adafruit's STMPE I2C/SPI breakout or USB AR1100 driver will do what you need!
This is a petite 0.5"x0.5" (12.7mm x 12.7mm) breakout board with two mounting holes as well that you can use for strain relief. Works perfectly with Adafruit's 7" touch screen and any other touch screen with 1.0mm pitch. The connector Adafruit use is double-sided so you can use it with top-contact or bottom-contact flex PCBs.
Check out Adafruit's great example Arduino library code that shows how to get readings, debounce, and read the pressure from any touch screen (so you can detect when it's being touched and how hard). The code is not complex and is easily ported to other microcontrollers.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.