Note: This product does not come with a CR1220 coin cell battery. We recommend one of these batteries if you're in need of a CR1220 for this RTC Module
This is a great battery-backed real-time clock (RTC) that allows your microcontroller project to keep track of time even if it is reprogrammed, or if the power is lost. Perfect for data logging, clock-building, time stamping, timers and alarms, etc. Equipped with PCF8523 RTC - it can run from 3.3V or 5V power logic!
Works great with an Arduino using Adafruit's RTC library or with a Raspberry Pi (or similar single board Linux computer)
- PCB & header are included
- Plugs into any breadboard or you can use wires
- Two mounting holes
- Will keep time for 5 years or more
The PCF8523 is simple and inexpensive but not a high precision device. It may lose or gain up to 2 seconds a day. For a high-precision, temperature compensated alternative, please check out the DS3231 precision RTC. If you need a DS1307 for compatibility reasons, check out Adafruit's DS1307 RTC breakout
- Length: 25.8mm/1.02in
- Width: 21.8mm/0.86in
- Height: 5mm/0.2in
- Weight: 2.3g/0.09oz
- Mounting holes are 2.2mm(0.086in) diameter, 25mm(0.98in) apart
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x68
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.