A ZIF (Zero Insertion Force Socket) allows you to insert and remove chips easily from an existing circuits. These are often used for chip programmers or when you need to test a chip without damaging it. Move the lever up and chips drop right in. Move the lever down to 'latch' the chip in place.
This socket is designed for DIP chips of up to 40 pins and up to 0.6" wide. So really, its good for any size chip you'll find. What's nice about it is it can snap into an existing circuit board or socket that is designed for a 40-pin 0.6" chip so you may not have to redesign the board! This socket is gold plated so it will last a long time.
Fits up to 40-pin DIP chips, in 0.3"-0.6" width
Overall body size: 0.9" x 2.6" x 0.46" (23mm x 66mm x 12mm) - not including lever or pins
Pins are 0.6" apart (fit into a 0.6" socket) and 2.8mm (0.11") long
Fits and works in a breadboard!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.