Make your robot or CNC move on Adafruit's Aluminum Slide Rail with this sliding linear ball-bearing platform AKA pillow block. The slider is 39mm x 36mm and has four holes tapped for M5 machine screws so you can attach pretty much anything you want. This slider has a plastic interior with small metal ball bearings to make it slide easily and smoothly.
The platform won't come off the railing but it does rotate a bit around so for best stability, use two support rails. Often times, CNC projects will have two of these on opposite sides of the machine body to support a larger platform. You can also have some other support mechanism of your own devising.
Comes as a single bearing platform. You'll want to pick up at least one 12mm railing as well. Adafruit have a bunch of bearings, supports and platforms that you may want to use with an 8mm based rail system so check out Adafruit's CNC category
- Load-bearing Mechanism: Hydrostatic Bearing
- Bearing Shell Material: Plastic
- 39mm x 36mm x 27mm / 1.5" x 1.4" x 1"
- Width of Top: 40mm / 1.6"
- Inside Diameter: 12mm / 0.5"
- Outer Diameter: 30mm / 1.2"
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 4mm / 0.16"
- Mounting Hole Distance: 28mm x 26mm / 1.10" x 1.02"
- Weight: 87.4g
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.