The ZX Distance and Gesture Sensor is a touchless sensor that is capable of looking for simple gestures. Developed in conjunction with XYZ Interactive, the sensor uses their GestureSense® technology to recognize the distance of an object away from the sensor up to about 12 inches (30cm, referred to as the “Z” axis) and the location of the object from side to side across the sensor in about a 6-inch (15cm) span, referred to as the “X” axis. You will be able to use I2C or UART to communicate with the ZX Sensor via a microcontroller or computer.
The ZX Sensor works by bouncing infrared (IR) beams of light from the two LEDs on either side off of an object above the sensor. The bounced light returns to the receiver in the center of the sensor, and a microcontroller on the back of the sensor interprets the data. With these IR pieces you will easily be able to ascertain both the Z axis and the X axis of an object (hence the name). In addition to providing Z and X axis data about an object, the ZX Sensor is capable of detecting simple gestures. We have also clearly labeled all the pin outs on the board, as well as signifying if they are needed in I2C or UART communication.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V–5V
- Z-Axis Recognition Range: 12 inches (~30cm)
- X-Axis Recognition Range: 6 inches (~15cm)
- 4 Supported Gesture Commands
- I2C or UART Communication
- SMD Components and Compact Design
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.