The Teensy Prop Shield is meant for making interactive light and sound effects on small, handheld props and wearable costumes. This shield features 10DoF (Degrees of Freedom) motion sensors, a 2W audio amp, high-speed 5V buffers for driving APA102 LEDs, and an 8MB flash memory. This little board is about the size of the Teensy 3.2, just slightly longer to allow space for mounting holes and connections for power, speaker and LEDs.
The Teensy Prop Shield’s crowning glory is, of course, its Freescale 10DoF sensors. The board’s sensor suite comprises an FXOS8700CQ 6-axis linear accelerometer and magnetometer, an FXAS21002C 3-axis digital angular rate gyroscope and an MPL3115A2 precision pressure/altitude and temperature gauge.
That’s not all! The Teensy Prop Shield has been equipped with a slew of other features. Need an amplifier? The Teensy Prop Shield has one rated at 2W and is capable of driving 4 or 8 Ohm speakers. Additionally, the Prop Shield has 5V buffers meant to send data to Dotstar or APA102 type addressable LEDs. It also has an onboard 8MB flash memory, meant for storing sound clips and images, logging data and many other uses.
Note: If you are looking for a more economical board than this version of the Prop Shield, be sure to check out the low-cost (LC) versioninstead!
- Motion Sensors – Allow motion interactive light and sound
- Audio Amplifier – Clear quality audio output to a small speaker
- Fast LED Driver – Drive APA102 / Dotstar LEDs for colorful lighting with rapid response
- Flash Memory – 8MB storage for images, sound clips and data logging
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.