|Bipolar stepper motor wires are terminated with bare leads.|
|Bipolar stepper motor wiring diagram.|
This hybrid bipolar stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 1 A at 2.7 V, allowing for a holding torque of 1.4 g-cm (20 oz-in). The motor has four color-coded wires terminated with bare leads: black and green connect to one coil; red and blue connect to the other. It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but Pololu recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver.
Pololu's 5 mm universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 5 mm-diameter output shaft.
- Size: 35 mm square × 36 mm, not including the shaft (NEMA 14)
- Weight: 180 g (6 oz)
- Shaft diameter: 5 mm “D”
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 1 A per coil
- Voltage rating: 2.7 V
- Resistance: 2.7 Ω per coil
- Holding torque: 1.4 kg-cm (20 oz-in)
- Inductance: 4.3 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30 cm (12″)
More specifications are available in the datasheet (182k pdf).
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. The dimension labeled “length” is 36 mm. The output D-shaft has a length of 21 mm and a 5 mm diameter with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm. This shaft works with Pololu's 5 mm universal mounting hub.
|The inside of a bipolar stepper motor.|
Stepper Motor Applications
Stepper motors are generally used in a variety of applications where precise position control is desirable and the cost or complexity of a feedback control system is unwarranted. Here are a few applications where stepper motors are often found:
- CNC machines
- 3D printer/prototyping machines (e.g. RepRap)
- Laser cutters
- Pick and place machines
- Linear actuators
- Hard drives
|Pololu’s assortment of stepper motors.|
Note: This stepper motor is SOYO part number SY35ST36-1004A.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.